Online - Duke Of Edinburgh Skills Course
WHEN: Every monday evening for 26 weeks.
WHERE: Online via Whatsapp
WHAT: Over 26 weeks I will show you the skills to learn to or advance your crochet skills.
|Chain / Double Crochet Sample
|Treble Crochet Sample
|HRT & DTR Samples
|Colour Change Sample
|Granny Squares: 1 x single colour, 1 x multi colours
|Granny Squares: 1 x chunky. 1 x fine
|Made to measure Beanie Hat
|Amigurami Jelly Fish
|Entrelac square sample
|Joining Squares 3 ways
|2 x filet samples
|Back Post, Front Post Crochet
|Hairpin Lace Crochet
|Made to measure Slipper Socks
|Designing Mosaic crochet
|Writing a pattern
You will need 2,00mm, 4.5mm and 12.00mm crochet hooks, (my favourite are Clover Amour) plenty of DK acrylic yarn, some thin crochet thread, yarn sewing up needles, a handful of stuffing, a 20-25mm 12" length of dowel (or a chopped up broomstick or very large knitting needle), and a hairpin crochet tool.
(any links to Amazon are affiliated which means I will earn a small commision, at no extra cost to you)
This course is suitable for young people aged 14-25 who are undertaking the Duke Of Edinburgh Award scheme - this course fits in with the skills section of the Bronze Award.
What you can expect to get from this course:
* This course will be delivered via Whatsapp - it is a buiness account that I can have access to 24 hours a day, so you're not waiting for me to reply to emails.
* Every Monday evening you will be sent a link to a video, these are not public videos and should not be shared. You can watch the video in your own time during that week and complete the crochet in your own time also. The weekly work needs to be photographed and sent to me before the following monday.
* You will also be sent a PDF version of the pattern to go along side the video, again, this is for you only and should not be shared. You can download this to your own computer or phone to keep forever. It can be printed off too if you prefer to use it that way.
* I will be on hand to answer any questions you may have, I might not always be able to reply straight away but I will get back to you.
* You will need to commit to a little homework to complete this course.
I will provide a record of your skills learnt and a certificate of completion when the course ends.
PLEASE NOTE: This course is not an APP through the DofE awards, however this activity may count towards your Duke of Edinburgh’s Award Skills section, please check with your DofE Leader for applicability before booking.